Edith, the Forsaken Warden, is the first tank-marksman dual role hero in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang.
She can initiate team fights and soak a lot of damage in her Phylax tank form, and dish out damage in her marksman Edith form.
Learn about the newest Mobile Legends hero, Edith, in this beginner’s guide, including recommended emblems, battle spells, and best builds for the hero.
Edith’s skills in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
Passive – Overload
Edith and Phylax becomes overloaded for 3 seconds after each skill cast, during which Edith’s Attacks can trigger chain lightning.
- Chain Lightning is Edith’s farming tool, so make sure to use this skill every so often in the laning phase to proc Overload and clear minion waves faster.
- Overload also works in her marksman form.
- The chain lightning deals extra Magic Damage to up to four enemies.
- You can deal as much Chain Lightning as long as The Forsaken Warden is overloaded, but it’s not advisable to build attack speed items on her.
First tank skill – Earth Shatter
Edith controls Phylax to launch an earth-shattering blow in a designated direction, dealing Physical Damage to enemies hit and knocking them airborne for 1 second.
- Earth Shatter has a 0.75 second delay before the stun.
- Using Earth Shatter inside a bush is the most efficient, as enemies with quick reflexes can dodge the skill easily.
- Getting stunned won’t cancel Earth Shatter.
- Casting Flicker during the 0.75 second delay will allow you to stun targets much further. You can practice this skill against AI targets to get the hang of it.
Second tank skill – Onward
Edith controls Phylax to charge in a designated direction, dealing Physical Damage to enemies along the way. If Phylax hits an enemy hero during this process, it’ll stop immediately and throw them over its shoulder, dealing Physical Damage.
- Onward can also be used as an escape tool, as long as you don’t hit an enemy hero in the skill’s direction.
- Edith cannot jump over walls with Onward, so keep that in mind and always try to get a good position whenever you intend to cast this skill.
- Flicker also works well with Onward. Using Flicker during Onward’s can help you cover more distance and catch enemies who are trying to escape.
Ultimate – Primal Wrath
Edith ejects herself from Phylax, knocking back nearby enemies and gains a shield. She then dashes forward and takes flight, after which she can perform basic attacks, each basic attack dealing Magic Damage, and gains new non-ultimate skills.
When in flight, Edith gains extra attack speed and magic lifesteal according to the Wrath she accumulated and converts each point of extra physical defense and extra magic defense into 2.5 magic power.
- When inside Phylax, she accumulates Wrath based on the damage she receives.
- Edith’s marksman form is much stronger the more Wrath she has.
- The ultimate lasts eight seconds.
- Make sure to use her ultimate as much as possible whenever her Wrath meter is full, unless you really need to dish out damage and activate the ultimate prematurely.
- All defensive attributes will become magic damage during the duration of the ultimate, so building her full tank is actually viable.
First marksman skill – Divine Retribution
Edith exacts Divine Retribution on a designated area, dealing Magic Damage to enemies hit and Magic Damage to enemies in the area every 0.5 second within the next 1.5 seconds.
- Cast Divine Retribution on stunned or immobilized enemies to maximize the skill’s damage output.
- Multiple enemies can be affected during the second phase of Divine Retribution, including minions and jungle creeps.
- Divine Retribution is also a great way to check enemies in the bushes instead of face checking.
Second marksman skill – Lightning Bolt
Edith fires a Lightning Bolt in a designated direction, dealing magic damage to the first enemy hero hit and immobilizing them.
- Lightning Bolt does not stun enemy minion or jungle creeps.
- Lightning Bolt cannot stun multiple enemies.
- A good combo would be to cast Lightning Bolt first to stun the enemy before using Divine Retribution.
A comprehensive beginner’s guide on how to play Edith in Mobile Legends
Recommended battle spell for Edith
The Forsaken Warden works best with the Flicker spell. Her marksman form makes her very vulnerable to control skills, so having Flicker is a life saver in sticky situations.
Also, Flicker can be used with her Earth Shatter and Onward skills, and can help Edith set up fights and catch enemies off guard.
Recommended emblem set for Edith
Edith will be in her Phylax tank form most of the time, so it’s crucial to opt for tank emblems. All tank emblems work well with her kit, but Brave Smite is the safest choice if you are just starting out.
What makes the Brave Smite emblem good for the Forsaken Warden is that she has many control skills in her Phylax form, and Brave Smite restores a percentage of the heroes max HP with each control effect.
This will make Edith a lot tankier, which is important when she is the main initiator.
Best build for Edith in Mobile Legends
Classified as a dual type hero, Edith can be built with a mix of offensive and defensive items. The hero’s best build is dependent on the enemy hero composition.
If you are up against enemies who deal a lot of magic damage, building Radiant Armor and Athena’s Shield is the way to go. Otherwise, building Brute Force Breastplate or Antique Cuirass is perfect against physical damage lineups.
Her basic attack in marksman form deals magic damage, so items such as Genius Wand, Divine Glaive, or even Holy Crystal works wonders for her damage output, and are great considerations if you want the best build offensively.
A quick Mobile Legends guide on easy combos to learn for Edith
In the laning phase, use Onward to start the battle and isolate the enemy away from the creeps or the tower. Once the enemy is thrown out of formation, use Earth Shatter to stun the enemy.
Immediately use basic attack on the enemy after stunning them to proc the Overload passive.
In the mid to late game, it’s important to fill up your Wrath meter before using Primal Wrath. During a team fight, if the enemy jungler or marksman is out of position, use Onward first before stunning them with Earth Shatter.
Otherwise, use Earth Shatter first if the enemy team is close to one another and absorb their damage. Once the Wrath meter is full, immediately unleash havoc with Primal Wrath.
Content Credits to OneEsport.gg